CCSD Provision schools provide free breakfast and lunch to all students regardless of individual household eligibility.
Schools implementing a provision have experienced great success, allowing them to make numerous improvements to their school nutrition programs.
- Easing administrative burden. Provision status allows eligible schools to provide breakfast and lunch to all students at no charge.
- Increasing participation. All children at Provision schools receive meals at no charge, incentivizing participation.
- Improving efficiency. Provision status helps lunch lines move more quickly, allowing children more time to enjoy their meal.
- Eliminating stigma. Because all students eat at no charge, no child at a Provision school will ever be singled out among peers as receiving a subsidized meal, receive an "alternate" meal, or be denied a meal.
- Fighting child hunger. Children attending Provision schools can count on two nutritious meals every school day, stretching families' limited budgets and reducing hunger among children.