Linda P. Cavazos
Irene A. Cepeda
Evelyn Garcia Morales
Trustee General Information
Vision Statement of the Board of Trustees
All students progress in school and graduate prepared to succeed and contribute in a diverse global society.
Upcoming Board Meetings
Regular meetings of the Board of School Trustees are held the second and fourth Thursday of each month beginning at 5:00 p.m. and Work Sessions are held on the first Wednesday of the month at 8:00 a.m. Meetings are subject to change. All meetings can be viewed live stream a ccsd.net on the day of the meeting. Special board meetings are held when necessary and are posted in advance in accordance with the Nevada open meeting law.
Board Meeting Agendas
Get to Know Your Board of Trustees
The Clark County Board of School Trustees is a dedicated group of community leaders who are elected to overlapping four-year terms and represent a specific geographic region of Clark County. Although each trustee represents a different region, they are dedicated to ensuring the success of every student in the district through clear, concise direction to the superintendent. The trustees bring a wealth of experience and concern for children to their position.
Trustee District Maps
- District A (PDF)
- District B (PDF)
- District C (PDF)
- District D (PDF)
- District E (PDF)
- District F (PDF)
- District G (PDF)
Upcoming Board Committee Meetings
Board Affiliated Committees
Public Hearing at Board Meetings
Meetings of the Board will be held in compliance with COVID directive 006 and directive 037 issued by the State of Nevada Executive Department. All Regular Board Meetings will be held in person at the Las Vegas Academy of the Arts, in the Lowden Theater. Public attendance at a Regular Board Meeting will be limited to 100 individuals. All Work Sessions, Board Committee Meetings, and Special Board Meetings will have no physical location for the meeting and can be viewed live stream at ccsd.net.
The Board of School Trustees recognize that its deliberative process benefits greatly from public input and perspective. Those wishing to address the Board may submit public comment in one of the following methods once the agenda has posted and at least 3 business hours prior to the meeting. Public Comments that include profanity on any mode of communication will not be accepted.
- Voice Record Public Comments on Agenda Items. Recordings will be played during the Agenda Item at the Board Meeting. To submit a voice recording on items listed on the meeting agenda please call 702-799-1166. Clearly state your name and corresponding agenda item number prior to your comments. Callers will have 1½ minutes to record. Only one voice recorded messages per agenda item will be accepted.
- Voice Record Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items. Recordings will be played during Item 2.01 Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items at the Board Meeting. To submit a voice recording on an item not listed on the meeting agenda please call 702-799-1177. Clearly state your name prior to your comments. Callers will have 1½ minutes to record. Only one voice recorded message on the same topic will be accepted.
- Email Written Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items. To submit written public comments, send an email to Boardmtgcomments@nv.ccsd.net. Please include your name and the corresponding agenda item number, if any, with any comments submitted. Written comments should contain no more than 150 words. Written public comments received by the deadline will be posted on the Board's meeting website before the start of the meeting and noted for the record as each action item is heard by the Board.
- Public Comments in Person. Those wishing to address the Board in person at the meeting may sign up to speak by calling the Board Office at 702-799-1072 during regular business hours. Alternatively, speakers may sign up in person immediately prior to the beginning of the meeting.
Notification of proposed changes to CCSD Board of School Trustees
Education Service Announcements
- Trustee Lola Brooks talks about the CCSD Police Department
- Trustee Linda P. Cavazos discusses SOT Elections
Each trustee hosts monthly parent advisory committee meetings to promote communication with parents and community members and to provide information about important issues in education.