Safe and Drug Free Schools
The mission of Safe & Drug-Free Schools is to assist school communities in creating an environment where violence and substance abuse education, prevention, and intervention strategies are developed and implemented in partnership with community coalitions.
Overview of Services
- Evidence-based programs designed to use among students
- Staff development on violence and substance abuse education, prevention, and intervention
- Site-specific identification and implementation of programs to address needs of learning communities
- Prevention strategists to facilitate and support program implementation, evaluate program effectiveness, and access community resources and services
- Research-based strategy approach