All students have the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values necessary to achieve academically, prosper economically, and participate in democracy.
The mission of the Equity and Diversity Education Department is to advocate for every student to receive equitable educational opportunities to pursue their life's goals.
"Every student in every classroom, without exceptions, without excuses"
- To influence practices that support culturally competent teaching.
- To assist educators in creating culturally supportive learning environments for students.
- To collaborate with school district personnel and community leaders regarding culturally diverse programs and resources.
- To represent the Clark County School District by advocating for equity and diverse educational programs for students, parents, and the community.
- To establish partnerships with community-based organizations that support educational practices and programs in support of equity and diversity.
- To provide and facilitate on-going professional development designed to focus on cultural diversity as it related to student achievement.
- To provide technical assistance in the review of curriculum and instructional materials for evidence of equity, diversity, and inclusion.