2016 Summer School Information
*** To pre-register for all summer school courses, contact your child's school counselor. ***
Nevada Learning Academy at CCSD Summer School 2016
For information about CCSD online summer school courses, please visit http://nvla.me or call 702-855-8435.
Parents/Students can also go to our website for information.
Instructional Design and Professional Learning Division (IDPLD) Summer School 2016
Phone: (702) 855-9751
Last day to request a course and submit payment online: June 10 at 11:59 AM PST
DatesSession I: June 13 - June 30
Times: 7:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Session II: July 5 - July 22
Times: 7:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
$100 per one-half credit - NO REFUNDS
(Note: Students receive one-half credit per session.)
If paying by credit/debit card, an additional $4.95 convenience fee will be assessed
Free NHSPE Tutoring - June 6 – June 17
Times: 8:00 a.m. – 12 p.m. for Class of 2016 Seniors only
At all IDPLD Summer School Sites.
No registration is required. No credit will be earned.
NHSPE SUMMER TEST DATESJune 20 – Writing
June 21 – Math
June 22 – Writing
June 23 – Science
Testing sites to be determined
High School & Middle School Policies
- The majority of classes are teacher led; however, some courses may be computer based depending on school site needs.
- Regulations regarding student behavior during the regular school year apply to the summer school program.
- Attendance is important. Credit will be lost and the student will be withdrawn if more than two days are missed during any session.
- Semester exams are scheduled for June 30 & July 22. Exams may not be taken early.
DESIGNATED IDPLD SCHOOL SITES:
- Bonanza HS
- Boulder City HS
- Chaparral HS
- Coronado HS
- Foothill HS
- Las Vegas HS
- Mojave HS
- Palo Verde HS
- Rancho HS
- Shadow Ridge HS
- Sierra Vista HS
- Western HS
Middle School Course Offerings - Credit Recovery Only
- English 6, 7, 8
- Mathematics 6, 7, Pre-Algebra 8
- Science 6, 7, 8
- World Geography 8
- U.S./Nevada History 7
High School Course Offerings
- English 9, 10, 11, 12
- Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry
- World History, U.S. History, U.S. Government
- Health, PE I, PE II
- Driver Education - Offered at Bonanza, Coronado, and Shadow Ridge
April 25 – June 17
1. CCSD School Counselors must pre-register students into needed courses for summer school.
2. From April 25 - June 7 parents must pay online with a credit/debit card using their parent Infinite Campus portal login to guarantee enrollment. A $4.95 convenience fee will be assessed for all credit/debit card payments.
June 8 - 9 (Session I and Session II)
June 29 - 30 (Session II Only)
7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Registration must be processed at the site where students will attend.
- Openings in classes may be limited or closed during late registration.
- No checks or credit cards accepted for walk-in registration.
- Payment is by cash or money order only (payable to CCSD Secondary Summer School).
Parents/guardians enrolling non-CCSD students MUST bring a photo identification card, the student’s birth certificate, and current shot records.