Minimum Age and Entrance Requirements
Kindergarten students must have attained the age of 5 years old by September 30.
First Grade Enrollment
First-grade students must have attained the age of 6 years old and demonstrate proof of completing kindergarten at a public, state-licensed private, state-exempt private or approved home school program.
Demonstrate proof of completing kindergarten and promotion to first grade while being a resident of another state in compliance with the age and entrance requirements of that state. Proof must be verified through a report card issues by the out-of-state public or private school.
Second GradeSecond-grade students must have attained the age of 7 years old and demonstrate proof of completing kindergarten and first grade at a public, state licensed private, state exempt private or approved home school program.
The following information will help you prepare to enroll your child in the Clark County School District.
1) School Search
2) Online Registration
The CCSD Online Registration System is available in English & Spanish.
Parents can complete registration at home or contact their child's zoned school for registration dates and hours.
Families of Currently Enrolled Students
Parents who have children currently enrolled in a CCSD school use their Campus Portal account to re-register their children or add a new student.
Families New to the Clark County School District
Parents of children new to CCSD can use the link below to register. After completing the online registration application, bring all required documents to your child's zoned school.
New Families to District Registration
3) Documents Required For Registration
Personal identification of parent/guardian (driver's license, picture identification, etc.) bearing your name.
Please bring ONE of the following (photocopies will not be accepted):
- Original birth certificate
- Certified birth card issued by the Clark County Health District or another health district.
NRS 392.435 Immunization of pupils: Certificate prerequisite to enrollment; conditional enrollment; effect of failure to immunize; report to Health Division; inclusion of certificate in pupil’s record.
Unless excused because of religious belief or medical condition, a child may not be enrolled in a public school within this State unless his parents or guardian submit to the board of trustees of the school district in which the child resides a certificate stating that the child has been immunized and has received proper boosters for that immunization or is complying with the schedules established pursuant to NRS 439.550 for the following diseases:
5 DTaP/DPT (Minimum age: 6 weeks) if series was started before age 7
- 1st and 2nd dose & 2nd and 3rd dose must be separated by 4 weeks
- 4th dose must be separated from the 3rd dose by at least 4 months
- 5th dose must be separated from the 4th dose by at least 6 months and given on or after 4th birthday
- Final dose at least 6 months after the previous dose (on or after 4th birthday)
*Catch up schedule – Students age 7 or older, who are not immunized with the childhood DTaP/DPT vaccine series, should receive Tdap vaccine as the initial dose in the catch-up series. If additional doses are needed, use Td vaccine.
- A total of 4 doses DTaP/DTP/Td/Tdap combination is needed if first doses given less than 12 months of age. Dose 3 and 4 must be 6 months apart. 4th dose does not need to be repeated if it was administered at least 4 months after the 3rd dose
- A total of 3 doses DTaP/DTP/Td/Tdap combination is needed if first dose given at 12 months and older. Dose 2 and 3 must be 6 months apart
2 Hepatitis A (Minimum age: 12 months)
- 2nd dose must be at least 6 months after the 1st dose.
3 Hepatitis B (Minimum age: birth)
- 1st and 2nd dose must be separated by 4 weeks
- 2nd and 3rd dose must be separated by at least 8 weeks
- 3rd dose at least 16 weeks after the 1st dose. (Minimum age for final- 3rd or 4th dose: 24 weeks)
2 MMR** (Minimum age: 12 months)
- 1st and 2nd dose must be separated by at least 4 weeks
- 2nd not required until on or after the 4th birthday
1 MCV4 or MenACWY (MENINGOCOCCAL) (Minimum age: 10 years)
- Required for 7th grade enrollment after June 30, 2017 (and all students new to District between 8th and 12th grade).
- Must receive at least 1 dose of MCV4 on or after age 10 years. (Does not apply to students enrolled before July 1, 2009)
4 Polio/IPV/OPV (Minimum age: 6 weeks)
- 1st and 2nd dose and 2nd and 3rd doses must be separated by 4 weeks
- Final dose at least 6 months after the previous dose and on or after 4th birthday
- 4th dose not needed if 3rd dose is at least 6 months from the previous dose and on or after 4th birthday
1 Tdap *(Minimum age: 11 years)
- Required for 7th grade enrollment and all students grade 8th - 12th
*See DTaP/DTP for catch up schedule.
2 Varicella/Chicken Pox** (Minimum age: 12 months) Required for students new to Nevada, or new to District after July 1, 2011
- 12 months through 12 years, 1st and 2nd dose should be separated by 3 months, however dose is valid if separated by 4 weeks
- 13 years and older, 1st and 2nd dose must be separated by 4 weeks
- Physician verification of past disease required for exemption
**Live vaccines (MMR and Varicella) must be separated by 28 days if not given on the same day.
Proof of address
You must bring one of the following:
- Recent utility bill
- Rent receipt
- Residence Lease or Sales Contract
Note: If you only have a sales contract for the purchase of a new home as proof of address, the school will enroll your child on the condition that one additional proof of address from the above list is submitted within 30 days. Driver's license, telephone bill or cable bill are NOT acceptable.
If you are living with a friend or relative because of economic hardship you will need to bring to the school site, a notarized letter signed by the owner/renter stating that their address is your place of residence.
If you do not have documentation because you are living in a temporary or homeless situation, call Title I Homeless Outreach Program for Education at 702-855-6682.