High School Graduation Requirements
College and Career Ready Diploma Requirements
To receive the College and Career Ready Diploma from a Clark County School District high school, students must meet the course and testing requirements outlined in the chart below and achieve a minimum unweighted grade point average (GPA) of 3.25. Students must either be proficient in a second world language or earn two (2) credits in the following course types:
- Advanced Placement Courses
- International Baccalaureate Courses
- Dual Credit / Dual Enrollment Courses
- Career and Technical Education courses
- Work-based Learning courses
- World Language Courses
Finally, students must earn either a College-Ready Endorsement or a Career-Ready Endorsement as indicated following the chart below.
Students who wish to graduate with a diploma must take the College and Career Readiness Assessment (ACT w/ writing).
Please contact your school counselor to discuss a student’s course of study.
College and Career Ready Diploma Credit Requirements
(Classes of 2018 and beyond)
|Area of Study||Credit(s)|
|World History / Geography||1|
|21st Century Learning||½|
|Social Studies, Arts, Humanities or Occupational Education Elective||1|
College Ready Endorsement
Career Ready Endorsement
- Satisfy the requirements for the issuance of a State Certificate of Skill Attainment as noted in the Career and Technical Education section below.
- Obtain an industry-recognized credential identified by the Governor's Office of Workforce Innovation for a New Nevada